Apple’s Notes app in iOS 17 has just been upgraded with an exciting new feature – the ability to link one note to another. This update is designed to make note-taking easier and more organized for users. If you’ve ever wanted a simpler way to connect your thoughts, ideas, or to-do lists within your notes, this feature is here to help.
Whether you’re using an iPhone, iPad with iOS 17, or a Mac running macOS Sonoma, you can now connect and organize your notes like never before. This feature, previously popular in other note-taking apps, is seamlessly integrated into Apple’s native note-taking experience.
To start linking notes in the Notes app on your iPhone or iPad with iOS 17, follow these steps:
1. Open the Notes app: Launch the Notes app on your iPhone or iPad running iOS 17.
2. Select a note: Choose the note in which you want to add a link to another note.
3. Insert a link: Tap where you want to insert the link within the note. This action will invoke the format popover.
4. Add link: In the format popover, swipe to the right until you see the “Add Link” option. Tap on it.
5. Search for the note: A new screen will appear, allowing you to search for the titles of your other notes. Type the title of the note you want to link to, and it will appear in the search results.
6. Insert the link: Tap on the note you wish to link to. You can optionally give it a different name if you prefer.
7. Done: Once you’ve added the link, you’re all set! You’ve successfully linked one note to another.
For Mac users running macOS Sonoma, here’s how you can link notes within the Notes app:
1. Open the Notes app: Launch the Notes app on your Mac running macOS Sonoma.
2. Select a note: Choose the note where you want to add a link to another note.
3. Insert a link: Position your cursor in the note where you want to insert the link.
4. Using keyboard shortcut: You can use the keyboard shortcut `Command+K` to quickly bring up the link insertion screen.
5. Alternatively, use the menu: You can also go to the “Edit” menu in the menu bar and select “Add Link.”
6. Search for the note: In the link insertion screen, search for the title of the note you want to link to.
7. Insert the link: Click on the note you want to link, and it will be inserted into your current note. You can rename it if needed.
8. Finish: You’ve successfully linked one note to another on your Mac.
With these simple steps, you can now easily link notes within the Apple Notes app on your iOS 17 device and Mac running macOS Sonoma. This feature allows you to seamlessly connect your thoughts and ideas, making your note-taking experience more efficient and organized.
In addition to note linking, iOS 17 and macOS Sonoma offer other valuable features, including formatting text as block quotes, the Monostyled format update, and the ability to open notes in Pages for enhanced formatting options.
Upgrade to iOS 17 or macOS Sonoma to make the most of the new features in Apple’s Notes app and take your note-taking game to the next level.